- 12 cups Einkorn All Purpose Flour (Approximate)
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Avocado Oil
- 3 cups Very hot tap water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Instant Yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Real Salt
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- Honey to drizzle
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounce soft Cream Cheese
- Honey (To taste)
- 3 tablespoons butter
1. Mix oil, honey, water, and yeast. Let sit for 5 min.
2. Add 4 & 1/2 cups all purpose Einkorn flour. Mix.
3. Add salt. Add flour a little at a time while mixing. Keep adding flour until it cleans the sides of the bowl ( about 7 cups). One thing about Einkorn flour is that it absorbs moisture a little slower than white flour.
4. Knead in mixer for 10 minutes.
5. Let rest in bowl for 20 minutes. If dough is a little sticky, sprinkle about 1/2 cup of flour on top while resting.
6. Knead a couple times on floured surface. Then, keeping on floured surface, roll out into large rectangle a half-inch thick.
7. Brush surface of rectangle with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with a bit of honey until covered.
8. Start at one end, and roll up dough until you have one long cylinder of dough.
9. Cut dough into rolls of the desired thickness with a string or piece of floss.
10. Place into greased jelly roll pan (You can also use parchment paper instead of greasing).
11. Put in warm place (The oven off is good) to rise until doubled.
12. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes.
13. While rolls are baking, mix soft cream cheese, butter and honey.
14. After 20 minutes, remove from oven. Let cool a bit before frosting.